|Cholesterol is one of the essentials in the body. It is produced in the liver and yellowish fatty material which executes important body functions like transportation of fat, providing resistance mechanism, defending red blood cells and muscular membrane of the body. Extreme smoking and alcohol drinking, eating high fat food, obesity and heredity factors are main causes for high cholesterol. High cholesterol can be restricted at home using some easy home remedies. Some effective home remedies for high cholesterol treatment are:
- Most excellent home remedy for high cholesterol treatment is to drink at least 4 to 5 liters of water daily.
- Garlic is very beneficial in high cholesterol treatment. Add some garlic pieces in a glassful of milk and boil it. Allow it to cool and then drink it. Consume this for week to 10 days. It would reduce cholesterol level and also control the cardiac pains. Otherwise, a person who has high cholesterol problem can also have 2-3 garlic cloves daily.
- Take 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds and soak it in a glass of water. Boil this solution and allow it to cool. After cooling strain the water and drink it three times daily.
- Take around 1 liter of water in container and add some pieces of cinnamon sticks in it. Boil the water and after boiling add one tablespoon of honey to it. Have this drink when itís warm. It is helpful in treatment of high cholesterol.
- Take half glass of apple juice and mix it with half glass of apple cider vinegar. Drink this mixture daily once.
- Eating raw onions or drinking onion juice is also helpful in reducing the high cholesterol.
- Daily chewing fresh sweet neem leaves is also advantageous in reducing the high cholesterol levels.
- Daily exercising is also essential to maintain the cholesterol levels under control.
- Have green leafy salads with little bit of olive oil. It is helpful in reduction the high cholesterol levels and also for the accurate working of the heart and the body.
- High cholesterol patient should have foods rich in fiber like, almonds, blackberries, raspberries strawberries, walnuts, green beans and broccoli. These are useful in reducing the cholesterol levels.
- Another effective remedy for high cholesterol treatment would be to have diet rich in lecithin like egg yolk, whole grain cereals, vegetable oils, soybeans etc.
- High cholesterol patients should have a small bowl of curd daily. Curd acts positively in reducing the cholesterol levels.
- Have food prepared from sunflower seeds oil instead of saturated oil and butter. This is extremely beneficial in reducing the cholesterol levels.